變更約會
A: Mr. Brown, I hope I'm not disturbing you.
布朗先生,希望我沒有定打擾您。
B: No, not at all.
不,沒有。
A: I must make apologies. I won't be able to keep my appointment with you tomorrow morning.Unforeseen circumstances compel me to leave for New York tomorrow morning, and I'll be gone for a week. I'm afraid I've brought you too much trouble.
很抱歉明天上午我不能如約與您會談。有件意外事情我不得不明天上午去巴黎,恐怕得一周的時間。恐怕我給您帶來很多麻煩。
B: Never mind. It's understandable. Do you want to cancel the appointment?
不要緊??梢岳斫?。那您想取消這次會談嗎?
A: No. I wonder if we could postpone the meeting to next Thursday.
不,我想知道能否推遲到下周四。
B: But I've got a very tight schedule next Thursday. I might not be able to make it.
可是下周四我的日程安排得滿滿的。很難再重新安排。
A: How about next Friday?
那下周五怎么樣?
B: Oh, Friday is OK.
哦,周五可以。
A: Will the afternoon suit you?
那下午您方便嗎?
B: Yes, the afternoon will be just as good.
是的,下午可以。
A: Then shall we make it at three o'clock?
那我們就定在下午3點鐘吧。
B: Good. Three o'clock at my office.
好的。3點鐘在我的辦公室見面。
A: OK, that's settled.
好的,就這么定了。