“貝拉?”卡萊爾向我喊道。
I tried to answer. "Mmmmm?"
我試圖回答。“嗯?”
"Is the fire gone?"
“火焰消失了嗎?”
"Yes," I sighed. "Thank you, Edward."
“是的。”我嘆息著。“謝謝你,愛德華。”
"I love you," he answered.
“我愛你。”他答道。
"I know," I breathed, so tired.
“我知道。”我低聲說著,感到那么的疲憊。
I heard my favorite sound in the world: Edward's quiet laugh, weak with relief.
我聽到了在這世界上我最愛的聲音:愛德華安靜的笑聲,他的聲音因為寬慰而有些無力。
"Bella?" Carlisle asked again.
“貝拉?”卡萊爾又問道。
I frowned; I wanted to sleep. "What?"
我皺起了眉頭。我只想睡覺。“什么?”
"Where is your mother?"
“你母親在哪里?”
"In Florida," I sighed. "He tricked me, Edward. He watched our videos." The outrage in my voicewas pitifully frail.
“在佛羅里達。”我嘆了口氣。“他騙了我,愛德華。他看了我們的錄像。”我聲音里的憤怒微弱得可悲。
But that reminded me.
但這提醒了我。
"Alice." I tried to open my eyes. "Alice, the video — he knew you, Alice, he knew where you camefrom." I meant to speak urgently, but my voice was feeble. "I smell gasoline," I added, surprisedthrough the haze in my brain.
“愛麗絲。”我試圖睜開眼睛。“愛麗絲,那段視頻——他認識你,愛麗絲,他知道你從哪里來。”我刻意說得緊迫些,但我的聲音太虛弱了。“我聞到了汽油的味道。”我補充道,驚訝穿透了我腦海里的薄霧。
"It's time to move her," Carlisle said.
“是時候挪動她了。”卡萊爾說道。
"No, I want to sleep," I complained.
“不,我只想睡覺。”我抱怨道。
"You can sleep, sweetheart, I'll carry you," Edward soothed me.
“你盡管睡,甜心,我會抱著你的。”愛德華安撫著我。
And I was in his arms, cradled against his chest — floating, all the pain gone.
然后,我落入了他的環(huán)抱,就好像躺在搖籃里一樣,緊貼著他的胸膛——我在漂浮著,所有的疼痛都消失了。
"Sleep now, Bella" were the last words I heard.
“睡吧,貝拉。”這是我所聽到的最后一句話。
weak with relief
寬慰而有些無力
He is weak with hunger, so I have to support him.他餓得沒有力氣,我得攙著他。
This appointment was greeted with relief, dismay, etc.這一委任使人欣慰、 悵惘等。
His eyes gleamed with relief and joy.他兩眼露出寬慰和喜悅的光芒。
I frowned.
我皺起了眉頭
As she was about to speak, I frowned her down.她剛要開口,我就皺皺眉示意她別出聲。
As she was about to speak,I frowned her down.她剛要開口,我就皺皺眉示意她別出聲。
I frown upon smoking in public restaurants.我不贊成在公共餐廳中抽煙。
I frowned as the gown and the drowned crown pad a breakdown.在大衣及被溺的皇冠崩潰的時候,我皺了皺眉頭。
He tricked me.
他耍弄了我。
Her tears were just a trick to deceive others.
她的眼淚只是欺騙別人的詭計。
You can't fool me with that old trick!
你玩弄那種老花招騙不了我!
pitifully frail
可憐地虛弱
The frail wooden bridge cracked.這座不牢固的木橋斷裂了。
Her health has been frail for months.她身體虛弱已有好幾個月了。
He has only a frail chance of winning the prize.他獲獎的可能極小。
Mrs. Warner is already 96 and too frail to live by herself.華納太太已經九十六歲了,身體虛弱,不便獨居。
His frail hands could hardly hold a cup.他虛弱的手連杯子也拿不住。
feeble
虛弱的;無力的
The bishop said it with a feeble voice as he woke.
主教醒過來,用虛弱的聲音說出。
Feeble and uncertain securities were thrown upon the market.
虛弱的或者沒有把握的證券都向市場拋售了。