https://online1.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0000/575/11.mp3
https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
SCENE⑤ B 戴夫由上方探頭,進吉娜的隔間
【你要知道動機何在嗎?】
Zina: Do you want to know what really 1) motivates Vince to be nice to me?
吉娜: 你要知道文斯對我好的動機何在嗎?
Dave: OK. What?
戴夫: 好啊。是什么?
Zina: It isn't 2) gratitude. It's fear. Vince is afraid I'll 3) jump to a 4) competitor.
吉娜: 那不是感激。是恐懼。文斯怕我會跳出去幫競爭對手。
Dave: You wouldn't do that. Would you?
戴夫: 你不會這么做,對吧?
Zina: I might. Vince knows he needs to keep me happy.
吉娜: 我或許會喔。文斯知道他得讓我保持快樂。
Dave: What about your 5) accounts?
戴夫: 那你的客戶呢?
語言詳解
A: Man, that guy was a really good boxer.
天啊,那家伙真是個好拳手。
B: You fought a good fight. But your next competitor will be even tougher.
你打了場好拳。但是你的下個對手將會更強。
【nice to me 對我好】
nice to 后面接“人”時,表示“友善、隨和”的意思,例如:
Grandma was nice to me when I visited her.
我去探望祖母時她對我很友善。
We should all be nice to the new-comer.
我們應(yīng)該對那位新來的人客氣些。
【I might. 我可能會】
在英文中談?wù)摽赡艿那閼B(tài)助動詞(modals)有好幾個,包括might, could, may, must。大致上,might表示的可能是最低,而must最高。
Tina might be sick.(少于50%可能)
Tina could be sick.(約50%可能)
Tina may be sick. (約50%可能)
Tina must be sick. (約90%可能)
1) motivate (v.) 給……動機
2) gratitude (n.) 感激
3) jump to... 換(公司),尤指違反合約的情況。
4) competitor (n.)競爭者
5) account (n.) 客戶,尤指生意上往來的客戶。