英語聽力課堂(vqdolsx.cn)是公益性質的英語學習網站,您可以在線學習英語聽力和英語口語等,請幫助我們多多宣傳,謝謝!
What's Eating You?
也可以說成 what's bugging you?
意思其實是What is annoying or bothering you?
比方說,你現在看起來心情非常不好,你的朋友出于關心可能會問你what's bugging/eating you?
這個俚語的使用可以追溯到19世紀后期,大概用“吃”來表達“消耗”的意思。bug的口語變體出現于1940年左右,意思是“煩擾”。
When something is eating at you, it is consuming your thoughts, time, and energy. It makes you depressed and you suffer from it. This phrase is asking someone who looks depressed why they are not happy.
當有東西在吃你的時候,它其實是在消耗你的思想、時間和精力。它會讓你感到沮喪,你會因此而苦惱。這個短語是在問一個看起來很沮喪的人為什么他們不開心。
例:
A. You seem really upset. What's eating you?
你看起來很沮喪。什么事讓你不開心了?
B. I got dumped, and I feel terrible.
我被甩了,我感覺很糟糕。
A. Sorry to hear that.
很遺憾聽到這個消息。
What's It Worth (To You)?
said when you want to know what someone will give you if you give them the piece of information they have asked for
對我會有什么好處呢?
例:
A: Do you know where Dave's living now?
你知不知道戴夫現在住在哪里?
B: What's it worth?
告訴你對我有什么好處?”
What's Not To Like?
used to say that you think something is very good, and that nobody could disagree with your opinion
(表示認為非常好)有什么不好的呢?
例:
It's a big house with a swimming pool. What's not to like?
一座帶著游泳池的大屋,還能有什么不好的呢?
What's That (All) About (Then)?
used when you do not understand why something or someone is so popular or fashionable
(用于表示不理解為什么某人或某物如此流行)那算是什么?
例:
Pierced tongues - what's that about, then?
在舌頭上穿孔——那算是什么?
今天的內容都學會了么?
歡迎評論交流心得~