So, how'd you meet him?
你怎么認識他的?
I was in La Perla just buying some weekend thongs.
我去買丁字褲的時候
And he was doing likewise? - No.
他也去買丁字褲? 不是啦
Actually, he said he was buying something for his mom.
是啦,他說他是去買東西送他媽
His mom?
他媽?
Casey, who buys high-priced lingerie for their mother?
誰會買高級內衣給自己老媽?
Well, maybe he was looking for a robe.
也許他是想買睡袍
Casey, he was hitting on you while he was buying lingerie for another woman.
雀喜,他在買內衣送其他女人時 看上了你
I prefer the mother story. - I know you do, but that's not the point.
我比較喜歡老媽這個藉口 我知道你喜歡,但那不是重點
No, the point is I'm not gonna start out assuming the guy's a liar.
不,重點是我不想假設他是騙子
Why not? - Because that's how you wind up...
為什么? 因為那下場就跟你...
Like me? Is that what you were gonna say?
跟我一樣?你是不是要說這個?
No. I was gonna say, "Like you."
我是說跟“你”一樣
What's his name? - Why?
他叫什么名字? 干嘛問?
I'm gonna Google him. - No. Google your own guy.
我要上網查他 不要,查你己的男人吧
Let's just see if his mother's still alive.
我只想查查他媽是不是還活著
So when is Grace due again? - Soon.
你老婆預產期是何時? 快了
You excited? - What'd you say?
你興奮嗎? 你說什么?
Do you want me to go get them and bring them over here?
要不要我去帶她們過來?
No, don't do that.
不,別那樣
Are you saying you don't wanna talk to them because you can't go home with them?
不能帶回家就不玩了?
I'm just trying to keep my head above water.
我只是想保持清醒
Have you heard of the Date Doctor? - Urban myth.
你聽說過“約會顧問”嗎? 那只是都市傳說
Really? - Absolutely.
真的? 當然
I was hoping he also helped women.
我還希望他也幫女人呢
Casey, you're not sick. You're single.
雀喜,你沒病,你只是沒伴
You just have to relax and enjoy the ride.
你要放輕松,享受單騎人生
I haven't been ridden in months.
我好幾個月沒被人騎過了
On that happy note, I'm gonna go see if anybody interesting came in tonight.
你有病,我們談得真愉快 我去看有沒有有趣的人來這里
You mean, besides me. - Right.
你是說除了我之外 對
Bye.
拜
1.wind up
結束;使緊張;卷起;(非正式)忽悠某人(wind sb up)
They often wind up with a "none of the above"reaction.
而他們反應經常是以一句“以上這些我都不想選”作為結束。
2.heard of
聽說
I've never heard of such a thing.
我未曾聽說過這樣的事。
劇情百科
世上沒有男人不鬼混,老婆預產期臨近去認識女孩子,在給老婆買內衣的時候看上別的女人,男人沒一個好東西……
考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words
1.Anyway, they would hope all ______ ______ ______.
不管怎樣,他們完全出于好意。
2.______ ______, they suggest avenues of research, but by themselves they are of dubiousvalue.
他們最多不過是建議了研究方向,但他們自己也不知道是否正確。
本期答案見下期
上期答案:
1.If you can bear with me, I will try to explain my own position.
如果你們能忍受我的話,我就試著解釋我自己的立場。
2.And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.
我要在他面前打碎他的敵人,擊殺那恨他的人。