世界上最棒的擊球手
A little boy strutted through the backyard, wearing his baseball cap and toting a ball and bat.
一個小男孩戴著棒球帽、背著棒球和球棒在后院里昂首闊步地走過。
"I'm the greatest hitter in the world," he announced.
“我是世界上最棒的擊球手,”他宣布說。
Then, he tossed the ball into the air, swung at it, and missed.
然后,他把球拋到半空中,揮動球棒,沒擊中。
"Strike One!" he yelled.
“一擊!”他叫道。
Undaunted, he picked up the ball and said again, "I'm the greatest hitter in the world!"
他不屈不撓地?fù)炱鹎颍终f道:“我是世界上最棒的擊球手!”
He tossed the ball into the air. When it came down he swung again and missed.
他把球拋到空中,球落下時揮動球棒,沒擊中。
"Strike Two!"
“二擊!”
The boy then paused a moment to examine his bat and ball carefully.
這回,男孩停下來仔細(xì)地檢查了球和球棒。
He spit on his hands and rubbed them together.
他往手心里吐了唾沫,搓了搓。
He straightened his cap and said once more, "I'm the greatest hitter in the world!"
他正了正自己的棒球帽,又說了一遍:“我是世界上最棒的擊球手!”
Again he tossed the ball up in the air and swung at it. He missed.
他再次把球拋到空中,揮動球棒,沒擊中。
"Strike Three!"
“三擊!”
"Wow!" he exclaimed. "I'm the greatest PITCHER in the world!"
“哇噢!”他激動地叫道,“我是世界上最棒的投手!”