經(jīng)典句型:
1. I am sorry to tell you that I have to cancel our appointment.
很抱歉通知你我不得不取消我們的約會了。
A: I am sorry to tell you that I have to cancel our appointment.
很抱歉通知你我不得不取消我們的約會了。
B: What happened?
怎么了?
A: I must meet someone at the airport tomorrow afternoon.
明天下午必須去機場接個人。
B: I am sorry to hear that.
我很遺憾。
2. I am afraid that Mr. Carter won't be able to make your meeting this evening.
恐怕卡特先生今晚不能和您會面了。
A: Hello.
你好。
B: Hello. Mr. Johnson?
你好。是約翰遜先生嗎?
A: Yes.
是的。
B: Good morning, sir. This is Mr. Cater's secretary. I am afraid that Mr. Carter won't be able to make your meeting this evening.
早上好,先生。我是卡特先生的秘書。恐怖卡特先生今晚不能和您會面了。
背誦句型:
I am afraid we will have to make our appointment a little bit later.
恐怕我們將不得不把約會的時間往后推遲一點。
We will have to make it some other time.
我們必須另約時間了。