1.apologize v. 道歉
A: I mist apologize for coming late.
甲:很抱歉我來晚了。
B: There' s no need for you to worry. Actually, we haven't started yet.
乙:你完全不必擔心。實際上我們還沒有開始呢。
2.blame v. 責資備
A: Well, it just slipped from my mind. I'm to blame.
甲:哦,我忘了,都怪我。
B: There's no reason to worry over such a trivial thing.
乙:小事一樁,不必擔心。
3.catch v. 捕捉(話語、信息等)
A: Excuse me, I didn't quite catch that. Which gate do you have to go to?
甲:請原諒,我沒聽見。你們該走哪個門?
B: I'm sorry, but I didn't catch it, either. You have to ask someone else to make sure.
乙:對不起,我也沒聽見。你得向別人打聽清楚。
4.disturb v. 打擾
A: I hope I'm not disturbing you.
甲:希望我沒礙事。
B: Not at all.
乙:根本沒有。
5.excuse n. 借口,理由
A: Please make my excuses to Tom. I'm sorry I've lost his football.
甲:請代我向湯姆道歉。我把他的足球弄丟了。
B: Don't worry.
乙:別擔心。
6.extremely ad. 極度地
A: I'm extremely/terribly sorry. I have to call off our appointment.
甲:萬分抱歉我不得不取消我們的約會。
B: Never mind.
乙:沒關系。
7.fault n. 錯誤
A: It was all my fault. I'm mixed up on the days.
甲:都是我的錯。我這幾天很亂。
B: Come on, Let's forget it. It can happen to the best of us.
乙:沒關系,這種事誰都難免。
8.forgive v. 原諒
A: Please forgive me for being。rude just now.
甲:請原諒我剛才一時失態(tài)。
B: Don't think any more about it.
乙:別再去想它了。
9.get in one's hair 麻煩某人
A: I really didn't mean it at all. I didn't want to get in your hair. You won't mind, will you?
甲:我真的不是那個意思。我不想煩你。你不會介意吧?
B: Not at all.
乙:沒關系的。
10.goof v. 出大錯
goof up把……搞壞
A: I'm sorry I goofed it up.
甲:抱歉把事情弄糟了。
B: Actually you did the right thing.
乙:事實上你做的不錯。
11.offend v. 冒犯
A: I hope I didn't offend you.
甲:希望我沒有冒犯你。
B: Never mind. Your intentions were goad. I can understand.
乙:不要緊。我知道你本是好意。
12.overlook v. 忽視
A: Please overlook my rude remarks.
甲:請原諒我的無禮言辭。
B: That's perfectly aright.
乙:沒關系。
13.owe v. 欠
A: I owe you an apology for my mistake.
甲:是我的錯,我該向你道歉。
B: Apologies are quite unnecessary. We are good friends, aren't we?
乙:真的沒必要。我們是好朋友,對嗎?
14.pardon n. 原諒
A: I beg your pardon? I couldn't follow you.
甲:對不起,我沒聽清您的話。
B: Alt right, I'll repeat it.
乙:好吧,我再重復一遍。
V.原諒
A: Please pardon me for being late. I was firmly tied up by some emergencies.
甲:來晚了,請原諒。剛才出了點緊急事故,把我纏住了。
B: Never mind that.
乙:這沒關系。
15.point-blank a. 直率的
A: I hope you won' t mind if I ask you some point-blank questions.
甲:如果我問你些直率的問題,希望你別介意。
B: Go right ahead.
乙:請說吧。
16.stupid/foolish a. 笨的。愚蠢的
A: Oh, I stepped on your foot again. That was really stupid of me.
甲:哦,我真蠢,又踩著你的腳了。
B: It's okay, Gut do he careful next time.
乙:沒關系,不過下次小心點。
17.thoughtless a. 粗心大意的
A: It was most thoughtless/careless of me to ha}e.left the baby home alone.
甲:我真魯莽,把貝貝一個人留在家里。
S: That's all right. Let's hurry home.
乙:不要緊,我們快點回家吧。
18.unintentional a. 無意的
A: I'm sorry you got involved in the whole thing. But it was really unintentional.
甲:很抱歉拖累你了。不過我真不是故意的。
B: It doesn't matter.
乙:不要緊。