今天的這段對話,在討論見面會,
第一次參加見面會,有什么需要注意的地方
來聽今天的講解:
A: Hey! Gina. How are things?
嘿,吉娜,最近如何?
B: Great. Mr Jones. What can I do for you today?
我很好,瓊斯先生,有什么需要為您效勞的嗎?
A: I'm preparing for my first meet-and-greet tomorrow morning. Can you give me any advice?
我正在準備明天早上第一次的見面會,你可以給我什么建議嗎?
B: Sure. First, as a famous writer, it's important that you greet people properly. If you're speaking to a businessman, I suggest saying, "Good morning, I'm Brendon Jones. How do you do?"
當然可以,首先身為一位著名的作家,以正確的方式跟大家問候是很重要的。假設您在和一位商業(yè)人士說話,我建議您說:“早上好,我是布蘭登瓊斯,你好嗎?”
A: And what do I say to a teenager?
那我該怎么跟年輕人說話呢?
B: keep it casual. Something like: "Morning, what's happening?"
保持隨性一點,說像“早上好,有什么新鮮事嗎“之類的話。
A: Shouldn't I say: "what's up?"
我該說“嘿,怎么了嗎?”
B: No! Definitely not, that's too casual. Only teenage friends would say that.
不,萬萬不可。那樣又太隨意了,只有年輕朋友之間才會這樣說。
A: And what about someone I have met before? Should I say: "I haven't seen you in years?"
那如果遇到舊時呢,我該說“我好幾年沒有見到你了“嗎?
B: It's better to say: "what a pleasant surprise seeing you here".
說“在這里遇見你,真是個令人愉快的驚喜”比較好。