A Memory of Youth
|
青春的回憶
|
The moments passed as at a play; |
那些時光,流逝如劇中場景; |
I had the wisdom love brings forth; |
我有了愛情帶來的智慧; |
I had my share of mother-wit, |
我有些天賦,然而, |
And yet for all that I could say, |
無論我說些什么, |
And though I had her praise for it, |
雖能得到她的贊許,卻擋不住 |
A cloud blown from the cut-throat north Suddenly hid Love's moon away. |
一片從苦寒的北方飄來的云 突然隱去愛神的月亮。 |
Believing every word I said, |
相信我的每一句話, |
I praised her body and her mind |
我贊美她的肉身與靈魂, |
Till pride had made her eyes grow bright, |
直到驕傲光耀了她的眼, |
And pleasure made her cheeks grow red, |
直到幸福緋紅了她的頰, |
And vanity her footfall light, |
直到虛榮輕盈了她的腳步, |
Yet we, for all that praise, could find Nothing but darkness overhead. |
然而,雖有這樣的贊美,我們能找到的也只有頭頂?shù)年幒凇?/td>
|
We sat as silent as a stone, |
我們靜坐如石, |
We knew, though she'd not said a word, |
她雖無語,我們卻都明白 |
That even the best of love must die, |
愛情的生命終會消殞, |
And had been savagely undone |
會經(jīng)受無情的摧折。 |
Were it not that Love upon the cry |
還好,終于有只滑稽的小鳥 |
Of a most ridiculous little bird |
叫醒了愛神,他從云翳中 |
Tore from the clouds his marvellous moon. |
扯出了他的明媚的月亮。 |