Scene 2. Enter slowly, people in evident distress—Officers, Sarnem, Gesler, Tell, Albert, and soldiers,
第二幕:眾人看來心情沮喪,慢步走了過來,包括眾官吏、薩勒姆、蓋斯勒,還有泰爾和阿爾伯特及士兵們,
one bearing Tell's bow and quiver—another with a basket of apples.
其中一位士兵拿著泰爾的箭和箭袋,另外一位士兵拿著一袋蘋果。
Gesler says: That is your ground. Now shall they measure thence A hundred paces. Take the distance.
蓋斯勒說:那是你站的地方。然后,士兵們從那測出一百碼距離,以此距離計算。
Tell says: Is the line a true one?
泰爾說:那條線可靠嗎?
True or not, what is't to thee?
是否可靠,對你來說,又怎么樣呢?
What is't to me? A little thing. A very little thing;
對我來說怎么樣?這事很小,應該不值一提;
a yard or two Is nothing here or there—were it a wolf I shot at! Never mind.
不管怎么說,相差一兩碼距離實在算不上什么,假如我的射擊目標為野獸,那完全不必介意。
Be thankful, slave, Our grace accords thee life on any terms.
要知道感恩,你這奴隸!無論如何,我們在對你施以恩典。
I will be thankful, Gesler! Villain, stop! You measure to the sun.
我會感激在心,蓋斯勒,你這個惡棍!停下!你量到太陽上去了。
And what of that? What matter whether to or from the sun?
你什么意思?這距離與太陽有什么關系?
I'd have it at my back. The sun should shine Upon the mark, and not on him that shoots.
我得背著太陽,陽光應該照在目標上,不是直接照射在射箭人的臉上。
I can not see to shoot against the sun: I will not shoot against the sun!
迎著光線怎么行,我絕對不能面對陽光射箭!
Give him his way! Thou hast cause to bless my mercy.
給他調(diào)換方向!你要感激我的慈悲。
I shall remember it. I'd like to see The apple I'm to shoot at.
我會記住,我還想看看馬上射箭需要的蘋果。
Stay! show me the basket! there!
等一會,把那個蘋果籃拿來!這里!
You've picked the smallest one. I know I have.
你挑選個最小的蘋果。是的。