One warm evening many years ago…
猶記得多年前,那個讓人暖心的夜晚。
After spending nearly every waking minute with Angel for eight straight days,
整整8天除了睡著其余的時間我都陪著安吉爾,醞釀已久,
I knew that I had to tell her just one thing.
我想我一定要告訴她一件事。
So late at night, just before she fell asleep, I whispered it in her ear.
于是這天夜里,就在她剛剛睡下,我便在她耳邊輕聲說起來。
She smiled – the kind of smile that makes me smile back – and she said,
說完她就笑了,是那種希望得到我回應(yīng)的笑,接著說道:
"When I'm seventy-five and I think about my life and what it was like to be young,
“真希望我老到75歲的時候,開始回憶,
I hope that I can remember this very moment."
這一刻須臾會變成永恒。
A few seconds later she closed her eyes and fell asleep.
很快她就閉上眼睛睡著了。
The room was peaceful – almost silent.
整個房間祥和安靜,甚至有些寂靜。
All I could hear was the soft purr of her breathing.
耳畔起伏著安吉爾輕柔的呼吸聲。
I stayed awake thinking about the time we'd spent together
我清醒的回憶我們共度的這些美好時光,
and all the choices in our lives that made this moment possible.
是冥冥之中的選擇成就了我們在一起的時刻。
And at some point, I realized that it didn't matter what we'd done or where we'd gone.
我們做過什么,去過哪里都不重要。
Nor did the future hold any significance.
甚至未來也不重要。
All that mattered was the serenity of the moment.
眼下最重要的就是此刻的和諧安寧。
Just being with her and breathing with her.
只要能與她同呼吸共命運,便別無所求。