The remote, "remote," is the same as the remote control, 遙控器,“遙控”意思是遠程控制,
and that's the little thing you use to change channels 你用它來換頻道。
- to flip through the channels, means the same thing, to change channels - to flip through. ——同樣,瀏覽頻道,就是換頻道。
It's also what you use to increase the volume - make it louder - or decrease the volume -make it quieter. 你也可以用遙控器來增加音量——讓聲音大一點——或者降低音量——讓聲音小一點。
This is called a remote control. 這就是遠程遙控。
Sometimes we just call it a remote. 有時候我們只把它叫作遙控。
In my house, for example, if I'm watching television, I have to have the remote control. 舉個例子,在我家里,如果我正在看電視,我必須得有遙控器。
If my wife has the remote, it drives me crazy! 如果我妻子拿著遙控器,我會瘋掉。
Back to Lucy, Lucy says that she picks "up a magazine" and she thumbs"through it." 回到露西這,露西說她拿起一本雜志,翻閱。
To thumb through, "thumb" through (two words) means to look at a magazine or a newspaper, 翻閱,意味著看一本雜志或者一份報紙,
but you're not looking at it very closely. 但并沒有很仔細地看。
It's sort of like flipping through the channels. 有點像瀏覽電視頻道。
You're flipping through, or thumbing through, the magazine to see what stories are in it or what pictures are in it. 你瀏覽或者翻閱雜志,看看里面有什么故事或者有什么的圖片。