喬什:雪莉,我告訴了你我最喜歡的餐廳。那你最喜歡哪家餐廳?
Shirley: Well, my favorite restaurant is a kind of salad and soup restaurant.
雪莉:我最喜歡的餐廳是一家專營沙拉和湯的餐廳。
Josh: Okay, that's my favorite.
喬什:好,那也是我的最愛。
Shirley: Great! Well, the food is very good but I also like it because the room is nice, it looks on a garden and the food is very cheap.
雪莉:太好了!嗯,那家餐廳的食物非常美味,而且餐廳很漂亮,可以鳥瞰花園,食物價格也很便宜。
Josh: Wow!
喬什:哇哦!
Shirley: Yeah
.雪莉:對。
Josh: With a great view of a garden. It seems like it would be expensive.
喬什:可以看到花園的餐廳。看起來一定很貴。
Shirley: Yeah, it does seem like it would be expensive, but it's not. The garden has lots of beautiful flowers but also they grow herbs. So the herbs that they use in the salad are all fresh from the garden. It's delicious.
雪莉:嗯,看起來會很貴,不過其實并不貴?;▓@里有很多種鮮花,他們還在花園里種了香草。他們會在沙拉里加入從花園里摘下來的新鮮香草。非常美味。
Josh: That sounds really delicious.
喬什:聽起來的確很美味。
Shirley: Yeah, it's great. And they make a fantastic soup.
雪莉:對,非常好吃。那家餐廳的湯做得也非常好。
Josh: Okay.
喬什:嗯。
Shirley: Some cream soups, and also a really nice vegetable soup.
雪莉:他們有奶油湯,還有極其美味的蔬菜湯
。Josh: Great! So, is the vegetable soup your favorite dish at the restaurant?
喬什:太好了!那家餐廳的蔬菜湯是你最愛的湯嗎?
Shirley: Mmm, yes. In the wintertime, the minestrone soup is my favorite soup.
雪莉:嗯,是的。冬天的時候,我最喜歡的是意大利濃菜湯。
Josh: I love minestrone soup.
喬什:我也喜歡意大利濃菜湯。
Shirley: Yeah. It's excellent. But in the summertime, my favorite soup is cream of potato chilled.
雪莉:嗯。非常美味。不過夏天的時候我最喜歡的湯是奶油馬鈴薯冷湯。
Josh: Chilled?
喬什:冷湯?
Shirley: That means it's served cold.
雪莉:就是說湯是涼的。
Josh: Okay, that sounds amazing.
喬什:哦,聽起來真神奇。
Shirley: It's really refreshing in the summertime.
雪莉:夏天的時候喝非常清爽。
Josh: What are the prices at the restaurant?
喬什:那家餐廳的價位是多少?
Shirley: It is so cheap. It's about nine dollars for a small bowl of soup, a big salad, and a sandwich that usually has some salad and seafood in it.
雪莉:非常便宜。一小碗湯、一大份沙拉、一份三明治大概要9美元,三明治里有沙拉和海鮮。
Josh: That's really cheap.
喬什:太便宜了。
Shirley: Yeah.
雪莉:對。
Josh: We should go there.
喬什:我們應(yīng)該去那家餐廳吃飯。
Shirley: Plus, after all that, you get a coffee or herb tea.
雪莉:另外,還有一杯咖啡或香草蔡。
Josh: Wow, that's great!
喬什:哇哦,真是太棒了!
Shirley: I definitely recommend that you go there some time.
雪莉:我極力推薦你有時間去那家餐廳品嘗。
Josh: I'll try it out.
喬什:我會去的。
Shirley: Okay!雪
莉:好的!