第53天
The Road Not Taken
沒有走過的路
Robert Frost
羅伯特•弗羅斯特
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both
黃色的樹林里分出兩條路 可惜我不能同時去涉足
And be one traveler, long I stood And looked down one as far as I could
我在那路口久久佇立 我向著一條路極目望去
To where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair,
直到它消失在叢林深處 但我卻選擇了另外一條路它荒草萋萋,
And having perhaps the better claim, Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
十分幽寂 顯得更誘人,更美麗
Though as for that the passing there Had worn them really about the same,
雖然在這條小路上 很少留下旅人的足跡
And both that morning equally lay In leaves no step had trodden black.
那天清晨落葉滿地 兩條路都未經腳印污染
Oh, I kept the first for another day! Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
呵,留下一條路等改日再見 但我知道路徑延綿無盡頭 恐怕我難以再回返
I doubted if I should ever come back. I shall be telling this with a sigh
也許多少年后在某個地方, 我將輕聲嘆息將往事回顧:
Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood,and I—
一片樹林里分出兩條路——
I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.
而我選擇了人跡更少的一條, 從此決定了我一生的道路。