Better late than never.
遲到總比不做好
It's 2 decades late.But better late than never.
這遲了20年,但是遲到總比不做好。
He bought a house when he was sixty.But it's better late than never.
他到60歲才買了房,但是遲買總比沒有好。
A:My name is Sorie, and today's question is how good is your eyesight?
我是索瑞,今天要討論的問題是:你的視力有多好?
B:My eyesight? I don't wear glasses actually. My eyesight I would say is extremely good.How about you?
我的視力?我不戴眼鏡。我的視力好極了。你呢?
A:Mine is terrible. I actually need contact lenses. And if I don't have my contact lenses on,I cannot even walk properly.I would bump into doors and walls.That's how bad it is.
我視力很差。我要戴隱形眼鏡。如果我不戴隱形眼鏡的話,那我甚至都不能正常走路。我會撞到門和墻。我的視力就是這么差。
B:Are you long-sighted or short-sighted?
你是遠視眼還是近視眼?
A:Long-sighted.And I regretted not protecting my eyesight when I was young.
遠視眼。我后悔年輕的時候沒有保護好自己的視力。
B:Better late than never.You should protect your eyesight from now on.
亡羊補牢為時未晚。你應該從現(xiàn)在起保護好你的視力。
A:You're are right.Better late than never.
你說得對。亡羊補牢為時未晚。