我是學校里的差等生。
I went to one of the best schools in Washington, DC.
我念的是華盛頓最好的學校之一。
And I think that out of 100 students, I was the 100th student.
在100個學生里,我感覺自己是第100名。
But I had a couple of teachers.
但是我有幾位老師。
One I'll remember forever is, his name is Harvey Lesure, my tenth grade American History teacher.
其中我永遠都不會忘記的是哈維呂索爾,我十年級的美國歷史老師。
Even though I was the worst student in the class, Harvey Lesure saw something.
盡管我是班級上最差的學生,但哈維呂索爾依然會關注到我。
He made me feel, I don't know how he did it, like some great magician...
雖然我不知道他是如何做到的,我覺得他是一個偉大的魔術師。
...he made me feel like I had something to say.
他讓我覺得我有東西想要表達。
So when I feel like the issue is too complex,...
當我感覺到這個事情錯綜復雜,
...too hard to grasp, impossible fixing our schools,...
太難控制,沒辦法去改變學校,
...I go to the place that I did when I first started making this movie.
當我開始拍攝這短片的時候,我再一次重返校園。
That we're never gonna have great schools without great teachers.
我意識到?jīng)]有好的老師就不可能有好的學校。
So if you're looking for a way to get involved,...
所以如果你也想?yún)⑴c,
...if you're looking for a way to give every kid in America a great education,...
如果你也希望所有美國的孩子都得到好的教育,
...it starts with great teachers.
一切都從好的老師開始。
Become a teacher.
成為一名老師。
Help a teacher.
幫助一個老師。
Be part of appreciating the role teachers have in our society.
成為感恩老師的群體之一。
That is the answer.
這就是答案。
We're never going to have great schools without great teachers.
沒有好的老師就不可能有好的學校。
I was, at best, a C- student.
我最好的成績不過是C-。