Lost and Found
失而復得
Kathy and Evan go to the U.S. Embassy to apply for a new passport.
凱西和艾凡到美國大使館去申請新護照。
K:I'm really sorry about this, Evan. What a pain I must be!
凱西:艾凡,這件事我真的很抱歉。我一定是個敗事有余的人!
E:Don't worry about a thing, Kathy. This could happen to anyone.
艾凡:凱西,一點也不用擔心。這種事任何人都可能會發(fā)生。
K:I'm really sorry, Evan.
凱西:艾凡,我真的很抱歉。
E:Oh, stop it! Come on, let's go in.
(Kathy and Evan enter the embassy and go to the Passport Section. Evan sits down, and Kathy goes to a window to talk to an embassy official.)
艾凡:哦,別說了!來吧,咱們進去吧。
(凱西和艾凡進入大使館走到護照部門。艾凡坐了下來,而凱西走到一個窗口詢問一名大使館官員。)
K:Excuse me, sir?
凱西:先生,打擾一下?
O:Yes? How can I help you, miss?
官員:嗯?小姐,有什么需要我?guī)兔Φ膯?
K:I'm afraid I lost my passport. I need to apply for a new one.
凱西:恐怕我遺失了我的護照。我需要申請一本新護照。
O:Oh, that's too bad. It's really a lot of trouble. Well, here are the forms you'll need to fill out.
官員:哦,真是太糟了。換護照可是很麻煩的。嗯,這些是你需要填寫的表格。
K:All these forms?
凱西:這么多表格?
O:I'm afraid so. Here's a pen to get started.
官員:恐怕是的。這里有筆,開始寫吧。
K:That's OK. I have one in my coat pocket. (She reaches into her pocket.) Huh? What's this? Oh, my God! It's my passport! I must have put it into my coat pocket when I left the bank after cashing a traveler's check the other day.
凱西:不用了。我外套口袋里有一支筆。(她把手伸到口袋。)咦?這是什么?哦,我的天啊!是我的護照!前幾天我去銀行兌換一張旅行支票,一定是在離開銀行時把它放進我外套口袋里的。
O:Lucky you!
官員:你真幸運!
單詞短語精講:
1 .apply for…申請……
例:In Amenica,if you want to get married,you' 11 have to apply for a mam-iage license fast.
(在美國,如果你想要結婚,得先申請一張結婚證書。)
2. What a pain I must be!
我一定是個敗事有余的人!我一定是個討人厭的人。
3 . pain 令人討厭的人或事
It's a plain to V……是一件討人厭的事
例:A:How about inviting Susan to our party this Satunday
B:Have you lost your minds She's a heal pain,always complaining about her job.
(甲:要不要邀請?zhí)K珊來參加我們禮拜六的派對,!)
(乙:你瘋廠嗎?她是一個很討人厭的人,老是抱怨她的工作。)
It's a pain to take out the garbage every day,but it's my nesponsibility
(每天拿垃圾出去倒是一件討人厭的事,但它是我的工作職責。)
4. Don't worry about a thing.一點也不用擔心。什么都不用擔心。
例:A:I'm so nervous!What if I don't get the jobs
B:Don't worry about a thing. You're well-qualified for the job.
(甲:我好緊張!要是我沒得到那份工作呢,!)
(乙:什么也不用擔心。你非常符合那份工作的要求。)