He chooses his clothes himself.
他親自自己挑選衣服
He puts them out at night and hangs the ones he's worn.
晚上取出來擺好 穿過的就掛著這兒
I get to take the linen down to the laundry, but that's about all.
我負責把衣服拿去送洗 我能做的只有這么多
That's all?
就這樣嗎
" I'll do this, " he says.
他總是這樣說 我自己來
" I'll take the other ." " I'll tie that. "
我來拿另一件 我來系
And I'm just stood there like a chump, watching a man get dressed.
我只能像個呆子站在一邊 看著自己的主人穿衣服
To be honest, Mr Bates, I don't see the point of it.
說真的 Bates先生 我不知自己來此是為何
I thought you didn't like him.
您不是不喜歡他嗎
So what?
那又怎樣
I have plenty of friends I don't like.
我的很多朋友 我都不怎么喜歡
Would you want Mary to marry one of them?
但您沒有打算將瑪麗嫁給他們其中的一人
Why do you always have to pretend to be nicer than the rest of us?
你就非要每次都裝老好人 是不是
Perhaps I am.
我本來就是老好人
Then pity your wife, whose fortune must go to this odd young man
我本來就是老好人 她的財產將被一個只知道工作
who talks about “weekends” and “jobs”.
和周末的人平白無故地一鍋端
If Mary were to marry him, then all would be resolved.
倘若Mary嫁給他 問題就都解決了