“我嘗起來跟聞起來一樣好嗎?”我報以一笑。笑容扯痛了我的臉。
"Even better — better than I'd imagined."
“還要更好些——甚至比我想象過的還有好。”
"I'm sorry," I apologized.
“對不起。”我道歉道。
He raised his eyes to the ceiling. "Of all the things to apologize for."
他翻著眼睛,看著天花板。“在所有應該道歉的事情中。”
"What should I apologize for?"
“那我應該為什么而道歉?”
"For very nearly taking yourself away from me forever."
“為你差一點就讓自己永遠地離開我。”
"I'm sorry," I apologized again.
“對不起。”我再次道歉。
"I know why you did it." His voice was comforting. "It was still irrational, of course. You shouldhave waited for me, you should have told me."
“我知道你為什么要這樣做。”他的聲音有著安撫的味道。“當然,這樣做還是很不理智。你應該等著我的,你應該告訴我的。”
"You wouldn't have let me go."
“你不會讓我走的。”
"No," he agreed in a grim tone, "I wouldn't."
“是的,”他用冷酷的語氣贊同道。“我不會這樣做的。”
Some very unpleasant memories were beginning to come back to me. I shuddered, and thenwinced.
某些很不愉快的回憶開始闖入我的腦海。我顫抖著,然后畏縮起來。
He was instantly anxious. "Bella, what's wrong?"
他立刻焦急起來。“貝拉,怎么了?”
"What happened to James?"
“詹姆斯怎么了?”
"After I pulled him off you, Emmett and Jasper took care of him." There was a fierce note ofregret in his voice.
“在我把他從你身上拖開以后,艾美特和賈斯帕料理了他。”他的語氣里有著一種尖銳的后悔。
This confused me. "I didn't see Emmett and Jasper there."
這話讓我困惑起來。“我沒看見艾美特和賈斯帕在那里。”
"They had to leave the room… there was a lot of blood."
“他們不得不離開那間屋子……到處都是血。”
"But you stayed."
“可你留下來了。”
"Yes, I stayed."
“是的,我留下來了。”
"And Alice, and Carlisle…" I said in wonder.
“還有愛麗絲和卡萊爾……”我驚奇地說道。
"They love you, too, you know."
“他們也愛你,你知道的。”
A flash of painful images from the last time I'd seen Alice reminded me of something. "DidAlice see the tape?" I asked anxiously.
痛苦的畫面一閃而過,我最后一次看見愛麗絲時的情景提醒了我某件事。“愛麗絲看了那卷帶子沒?”我焦急地問道。