第2單元 獨眼海盜
A seaman meets a pirate in a bar. The seaman notes that the pirate has a peg leg, a hook, and an eyepatch.
有名水手在酒吧里遇見一名海盜,水手注意到海盜裝了假肢、手上有鐵鉤,還戴了個眼罩。
The seaman asks, “So, how did you end up with the peg-leg?”
水手問道:“你的腿怎么了,怎么會裝著假肢?”
The private replies,“We were in a storm at sea, and I was swept overboard into a school of sharks.
海盜回答:“我們在海上碰到暴風雨,結果我不慎落水,掉到一群鯊魚中間;
Just as my men were pulling me out, a shark bit my leg off.”
正當船員救我上去時,我的腿就被鯊魚咬掉了。
“Wow!” remarked the seaman. “What about your hook?”
“哇!”水手說:“那你的手怎么會裝了鐵鉤?”
“Well,” replied the pirate. “We were searching for a treasure in a remote swamp.
“這個嘛,”海盜回答:“我們到一塊偏僻沼澤地尋寶,
I got mixed up with an alligator and it bit my hand off.
手是和一只鱷魚打架時被咬掉的。”
“Amazing!” remarked the seaman. “How did you get the eye patch? ”
“太厲害了!”水手說:“那你的眼罩又是怎么回事?”
“A seagull droppings fell into my eye”, replied the pirate.
“海鷗的糞掉到我的眼睛里。”海盜回答。
“You lost your eye to a seagull dropping?” the sailor asked.
“被海鷗的糞弄到眼睛就瞎了?”水手問道。
“Well,” remarked the pirate, “it was my first day with my hook.”
“不是啦,”海盜回答:“因為那一天我的手剛裝上鐵鉤.”