Chapter 16
Countering Give Away Chips回應虛張型籌碼
Dialog 1
The dialog below is an example of a dumb reply.As in the previous chapter,this is about DVD player negotiations,and Bob and Jane are still the principals.In this scenario,Jane expected an easy time of it and got a nasty surprise.She uses the dumb method, as follows.
下面這個對話,就是一個裝傻的響應.前一章是關于DVD放影機談判的例子,鮑伯和珍仍然是主角.在這次的故事中,珍以為談判過程會很簡單,卻碰了一鼻子灰.于是她用了下面的這個裝傻的方式.
Bob:Well,it's the best I can do.If you want to sell me your DVD players,you need to accept my offer.Do we have a deal?
我已經盡力了,如果你想你們的DVD放影機賣給我,就得接受我們的價格,可以成交嗎?
Jane:I'm afraid not,Bob.
恐怕不行,鮑伯.
I really don't have room to maneuver.You're going to have to come up to what we discussed on the phone.
我真的沒有辦法降.你的價格要跟我們在電話里談的一樣高才行.
Bob:Jane,I told you how it is,the Koreans are dumping units in our market,the bad economy,our decreased market share,we can't compete at your price.
珍,我已經告訴過你了,韓國人傾銷DVD放影機到我們的市場上,經濟又不景氣,市場占有率日漸減少,你們的價格沒有競爭性.
Jane:That isn't my problem,Bob.
這不是我的問題,鮑伯.
You said my coming here was just a formality to sign the contract.
你說我這次只是來簽個約而已.
We spoke on the phone Friday and you said nothing about this.As far as I'm concerned ,we had a deal.
星期五通電話時,你根本就沒有提到這些事,我認為我們那時候就成交了.
Bob:But that wasn't an offer.I'm not authorized to go highter.
但那并不是報價,我沒有權限提高價格.
Jane:Then, you should hae said something.
那你應該早點告訴我.
Bob:Well,we really didn't know we had to adjust the offer until this weekend.
這個嘛,到這個周末我們才知道要調價.
Jane:I have a lot of trouble believing that.
我很難再相信你的話了.
Bob:It's the truth.
這是真的.
Jane:I'm not even going to debate that issue.
我不管真的假的.
Now,let's stop this foolishness and do what we agreed to.
不要再說這些沒用的話,我們照原先同意的來辦吧.
Bob:That price was never an official offer, and it's not on the table now.
那個價格根本不是正式報價,也不在我們的談價范圍內.
Jane:You can't renege on what you represented over the phone.
你不能否決電話上的提議.
I thought you were straight shooters.
虧我還以為你們是有信用的生意人.