瑪莉: 吉娜,我能跟你說些私事嗎?
Zina: As long as it doesn't take too long.
吉娜: 只要不太花時間就可以。
Mary: My boyfriend says I work too much. That I spend more time with you than with him.
瑪莉: 我男朋友說我工作太拼命了。說我跟你相處的時間都比跟他多。
Zina: Was he 2) upset when you told him you had to leave this weekend?
吉娜: 你跟他說這周末你得去外地時,他有不爽嗎?
Mary: He said not to 3) bother coming back. And I said, fine, I won't.
瑪莉: 他說不勞我再回去了。我就說:“好,我就不回來。”
Zina: So what's the problem?
吉娜: 那這有什么問題?
-----------------------------------------------------------
語言詳解
A: Don't bother buying me a present. I hate birthdays.
不用費心幫我買禮物了。我討厭生日。
B: Too late. I already bought you one.
來不及了。我已經幫你買了。
【don't bother 別費事,不勞】
don't bother后面可以接四種不同的結構:
1. -ing: Don't bother coming back.
2. 不定詞:Don't bother to come back.
3. yourself + -ing: Don't bother yourself coming back.
4. yorself + 不定詞:Don't bother yourself to come back.
以上四句都正確,但以(1)及(2)兩句較普遍。
A: When is your plane tomorrow? I would like to see you off at the airport.
你明天班機是幾時?我想要到機場給你送行。
B: Thanks. But don't bother to come to the airport.
謝了。但請不要麻煩跑一趟機場。
1) ersonal (a.) 私人的
2) upset (a.) 感到不爽的,生氣的
3) bother (v.) 費心,麻煩