分秒必爭。
2. There is no holding back the wheel of history.
歷史車輪不可阻擋。
3. Not a soul was anywhere visible.
到處見不到一個人。
4. I felt sorry for not coming in time.
我很抱歉沒準時到。
5. I don't think it is right to make such a hasty decision.
我認為如此倉促做決定是不正確的。
6. Everybody, it is true, wouldn't like it.
的確并不是人人都喜歡它。
7. I don't wholly agree.
我并不完全同意。
8. All my plans came to nothing.
我的一切計劃都沒實現。
9. I shall never do it, not under any circumstances.
我不會做那些事的。
10. I'll not do such a thing, not I.
我不會干這種事的,絕不會。
11. I could not assent to, much less participate in such proceedings.
我對這種行為不能贊同,哪里還說得上參加。
12. I did not even see him, still less shake hands with him.
我看都沒看見他,哪里還可能同他握手呢。
13. I never thought of it, let alone did I do it.
我想都沒想到它,更別談去做了。
14. Little remains to be said.
簡直沒什么可說的了。
15. I have hardly ever been out of Beijing.
我?guī)缀跷丛x開過北京。
16. I saw little or nothing of him after you were gone.
你走后我很少看見他,幾乎可以說完全沒見過他。
17. I could not help showing my pleasure.
我不禁喜形于色。
18. I cannot but admire his courage.
我不得不贊美他的勇氣。
19. I never see you but I think of my brother.
我每次見到你就想起我的兄弟來。(我沒有一次不是見到你就想起我的兄弟來。)
20. It simply will not do.
那是絕對不行的。