擔憂和害怕
The Most Common Expressions
最常用表達法
I'm afraid of snakes.
我怕蛇。
I'm afraid to tell him the truth.
我害怕對他說實話。
I don't know what I'll do if I can't find the money.
如果找不到那筆錢,我真不知怎么辦才好。
I feel nervous about the outcome of the exam.
我為考試的結(jié)果而感到緊張不安。
I was frightened to death I would be dismissed.
想到我可能被開除,我真嚇得要死。
I'm really terrified of being left alone in that house.
我真害怕單獨留在那房子里。
You frightened me to death, staying out all night.
你整夜不歸,真把我嚇死了。
You frightened me out of my mind, saying you wanted to kill yourself.
你說要自殺,真把我嚇死了。
You terrified me out of my wits, telling me that story.
你跟我說那個故事真把我嚇死了。
The Informal Expressions
非正式場合表達法
I was scared stiff of meeting the director.
見到董事長我嚇得要命。
I'm really in a flap.
我真的慌極了。
I'm worried sick by his illness.
他的病讓我急死了。
I've got the wind up about his security.
我很擔心他的安全。
The murder gives me the creeps.
這次謀殺使我毛骨悚然。
The Formal Expressions
正式場合表達法
I fear he may have lost his way.
我害怕他可能迷路了。
I'm extremely nervous of my trip abroad being canceled.
我極其擔心我的出國旅行被取消。
I'm rather apprehensive for his safety.
我有點擔心他的安全。
I'm very anxious about my son's health.
我很擔心我兒子的健康。
I'm very concerned about her illness.
我很擔心她的病。