LESSON 10 SEEING A HOCKEY GAME
Glen: Christopher, please hurry up or we won't get to the arena on time. Come on.
We have to pick up Dashan and Yunbo on the way.
格倫:克里斯托弗, 請你抓緊時間,不然我們就不能準時到達冰球場了??禳c啊。 我們半路上還要接大山和云波呢。
Christopher: I'll be down in a minute. I'm going to get my hockey pants on.
克里斯托弗:我馬上就下去。 我正要穿冰球褲。
Glen: Need any help?
格倫:要幫忙嗎?
Christopher: No, thanks. I can manage.
克里斯托弗:不用了,謝謝,我能自己來。
Glen: Okay, I'll wait for you in the van.
格倫:好的,我到車上等你。
Christopher: Dad, will you take my hockey bag out to the van for me?
克里斯托弗:爸爸,您替我把我的冰球袋拿到車上去好嗎?
Glen: Sure. But I need you to bring your hockey stick.
格倫:行,不過,你得自己拿球桿。
Glen: Did you say“Goodbye” to your mother?
格倫:你跟你媽媽說“再見”了嗎?
Christopher: Yes. She wants you to pick up a newspaper on the way home.
克里斯托弗:說了,她要你回家的路上買份報紙。
Glen: Room 123, please. Hello, Dashan. I'm afraid we are going to be a bit late.
We'll pick you and Yunbo up in front of the hotel in about ten minutes. Oh, will you
tell Rumei to meet Kathy in the hotel lobby at 10:30? Okay. Bye. So, Pal, are you
excited about the hockey game?
格倫:請轉123房間。喂,你好,大山。 恐怕我們有些遲了。大約十分鐘后我們
到旅館門前接你們。 還有,請你叫如梅在十點半鐘到旅館前廳等凱西。 好的,再見。嘿,朋友,你為冰球比賽感到很激動嗎?
Christopher: Yeah. It's our last game of the season. I hope we'll win it.
克里斯托弗:是的,這次是我們隊在這個賽季的最后一場比賽了。我希望我們能打贏。
Glen: I hope that you'll have fun and play safely.
格倫:我希望你們能打得開心也要注意安全。
Christopher: All right, Dad. But I still hope we'll win.
克里斯托弗:好的,爸爸。 不過我還是想我們能打贏。
Glen: Hi, everybody. Hop in. Welcome to the world of kids hockey.
格倫:你們好。上車吧。歡迎來到兒童冰球世界。
Dashan: Hey, Christopher. Thanks for inviting us to your hockey game. This is Yunbo's first
hockey game, you know.
大山:克里斯托弗,你好。謝謝你邀請我們去看你們的冰球比賽。 你知道,這是云波
第一次看冰球賽呢。
Yunbo: Yes. Will you tell me about the game?
云波:對,你能給我講一講冰球賽嗎?
Christopher: Well, I play forward. I get the most chances to score goals. I shoot the puck into
the goalie's net. The team with the most points wins.
克里斯托弗:嗯,我是打前鋒的。我進球得分的機會最多。我將冰球射入守門員的球門,
得分最多的隊為勝。
Yunbo: Is a puck like a ball?
云波:冰球是一個圓球的樣子嗎?
Christopher: Yeah. Sort of. It's flat and slides on the ice. I move it around with my hockey stick.
克里斯托弗:像,有點兒像。冰球是扁圓的,在冰上能滑動。 我用球桿掌握冰球的運動方向。
Yunbo: Oh, I see.
云波:哦,我明白了。
Christopher: Our team isn't playing very well this season, but we're playing better than last year.
克里斯托弗:這個賽季我們隊打得不好,但是我們比去年打得好。
Glen: I think so, too.
格倫:我也這么認為。
Dashan: Christopher, who's your favourite hockey player?
大山:克里斯托弗,你最喜歡的冰球隊員是誰?
Christopher: Well, Dad's a big fan of Wayne Gretzky. Mom and I gave him a number 99 shirt for his birthday. But, I like Doug Gilmour better than Gretzky.
克里斯托弗:這個么,我爸爸最喜歡Wayne Gretzky。 我和媽媽還送給爸爸一件99號T恤衫作生日禮物呢??墒荊ilmour 和Gretzky 比起來,我更喜歡Gilmour。
Dashan: Doesn't Gilmour play for the Toronto Maple Leafs?
大山:Gilmour 效力于多倫多紅葉隊,是吧?
Christopher: He played for the Toronto Maple Leafs, he was traded. But I still collect his hockey cards.
克里斯托弗:是,他以前曾效力于多倫多紅葉隊,后來他轉隊了, 我收集與他有關的明信片。
Glen: Here we are at the arena. And we made it on time!
格倫:冰球場到了,我們準時到達。
Christopher: Oh, there's Jeanette. She's our goalie. Hi, Jeanette.
克里斯托弗:珍妮特在那兒,她是我們的守門員。你好,珍妮特。
Yunbo: So girls play on your team. That's interesting.
云波:這么說,隊員里還有女孩呢。真有意思。
Christopher: Yes, we have three girls on our team: the goalie, a forward and a defenseman.
克里斯托弗:對,我們隊員里有三個女孩: 一個是守門員,一個是前鋒,還有一個是防守隊員。
Dashan: Do the girls on the team play as aggressively as the boys?
大山:女隊員像男孩一樣善戰(zhàn)嗎?
Glen: Sure. Sometimes they play more aggressively. In my opinion, the girls skate better than some of the boys.
格倫:當然啦。有時他們比男孩還更有攻擊性呢。 依我看,有些女孩比男孩滑冰滑得更好一些。
Christopher: Well, maybe. Dashan, will you please pass me my hockey bag?
克里斯托弗:嗯,也許吧。大山,請把我的冰球袋給我,好嗎?
Dashan: Sure. Here you go.
大山:好的,給。
Christopher: Thanks. Dad, I'll meet you in the dressing room.
克里斯托弗:謝謝你。爸爸,我們在更衣室見。
Glen: Okay. I'll park the van. I won't be too long.
格倫:好的,我去停車。一會兒就回來。
Yunbo: Bye, Christopher. Good luck!
云波:再見,克里斯托弗,祝你好運氣!
Dashan: Have fun. We'll cheer for you.
大山:好好打,我們會給你加油、助威的。
Christopher:Bye, everybody.
克里斯托弗:再見。