今天的這段對話,在討論小吃,
馬來西亞飯團是什么?哪兒有什么辣味的蔬菜
來聽今天的講解:
A: I'm hungry. Let's go to the snack bar.
我餓了.咱們去小吃店吧.
B:ok, what unusual food do you want to try?
好的,你想嘗嘗什么特別的吃的嗎?
A: I am going to try Gado Gado.
我想嘗嘗馬來飯團.
B: what's that?
那是什么東西?
A: it's a kind of rice ball that is made in Malaysia. What about you?
是一種馬來西亞飯團.你想吃什么?
B: I don't know. I don't know what most of this food is!
沒想好.我都不知道這些食物是什么.
A: do you want noodles, vegetables, rice, meat, seafood, beans, or dessert?
你想吃面條,蔬菜,米飯,肉,海鮮,豆類還是甜點?
B: I'd like to have some vegetables first.
我想還是先來點蔬菜吧.
A: have you ever tried tempura?
你吃過天婦羅嗎?
B: no, what is it?
沒吃過,那是什么?
A: it's deep fried vegetables, which is commonly eaten in Japan.
是一種油炸蔬菜,在日本很常見.
B: what do you use to eat it?
用什么吃的?
A: most people eat tempura with chopsticks, but you can use a fork if you don't know how to use chopsticks.
大多數(shù)人都用筷子夾著吃,但是如果你不會用筷子的話可以用叉子.
B: that sounds great. Do you know if there are any vegetable dishes that are spicy?
聽起來不錯.你知道哪兒有什么辣味的蔬菜嗎?
A: let me think. You could get an Indian or Thai vegetable curry, or you could get some Kimchi.
我想想.你可以點印度菜或者泰式咖喱,或者要點兒韓國泡菜.
B: I'll try all of those. How do you know so much about International food?
我都會嘗嘗.你怎么了解全球各地的食物?
A: I used to buy lunch every day from the International food stall at school. Every day was an adventure!
我以前讀書的時候每天都在學校里的全球美食大排檔買午飯.天天都有驚喜!