19. I’m Just Feeling Homesick
我只是有點想家
A: Hi, John. What’s up?
嗨,約翰,最近好嗎?
B: Hi. Not much. I’m just miserable as usual.
嗨,不怎么樣。跟以前一樣難過。
A: What’s the matter with you? Don’t you feel well?
你怎么了?不舒服嗎?
B: I feel terrible. I can’t get used to the food; I can’t get along with the people here. I don’t like these customs——I wish I were back home.
我感覺糟透了。我吃不慣這里的食物,跟這的人也相處不好。我不喜歡這里的風俗習慣――真想馬上回家。
A: Do you eat everything back home? Have you got lots of friends in your country?
你在國內是不是想吃什么就吃什么?是不是有很多朋友?
B: What are you trying to say?
你在說什么呀?
A: That maybe you have some of these same feelings back home. They just seem stronger now because you’re in a strange place. Have you thought about it?
也許你在國內也會有同樣的感受,只不過你現(xiàn)在在一個陌生的地方,這種感覺就更強烈。你想過這個問題嗎?
B: No, I guess I feel this way at home sometimes too.
是啊,我在家有時也有這種感受。
A: Maybe you’re just in a bad mood. Don’t worry. It will pass.
也許你只是心情不好。別擔心,一切都會過去的。
B: I hope so. 但愿如此。
A: Why don’t you do something you enjoy to take your mind off your troubles?
你為什么不做點你喜歡的事來緩解一下煩惱呢?
B: Thanks for the advice. I’m just feeling homesick I guess.
謝謝你的建議。我只是有點想家了。
額外成就感
get along with 與……相處;進展
* How are you getting along with your new girlfriend?
你和新女友相處得如何?
* How are you getting along with your work?
你的工作進展如何?
* They just can’t get along with each other.
他們就是合不來。