1. Stop flattering me like that.
別再那樣拍我馬屁。
2. I don't like Peter. He's such a brown-noser.
我不喜歡彼得。他真是個馬屁精。
3. I know he's trying to butter me up, but I'm not buying it.
我知道他想要拍我馬屁,但我才不吃那一套。
4. In order to get the promotion, she kept apple-polishing the manager.
為了升遷,她一直在拍經理的馬屁。
5. He started sucking up to the boss as soon as he got on board.
他一來公司就開始拍老板的馬屁。
6. The professor likes her because she knows how to please him.
教授喜歡她是因為她知道怎么討好他。
7. She's very good at paying lip service.
她很會講一些言不由衷的好聽話。
8. Everyone in this company knows that he's trying to curry favor with the board of the directors.
公司里的每一個人都知道他想要巴結董事會。
9. That guy is a real bootlicker.
那個家伙真是個馬屁精。
10. You want me to kiss his ass? Read my lips: No Way!
你要我拍他馬屁?仔細聽好:門兒都沒有!