Fifth floor, end of dreams. Oh, yeah, I worked here before.
五樓,夢想終結處。我在這里工作過呢。
You know the toaster oven in our kitchen? It came from here.
記得我們家廚房的烤面包機嗎?就是這里搬的。
Hi. Caroline Channing, reporting for my first day.
你好,我是卡洛琳·錢寧,新人報到。
I went ahead and printed out my address,
我已經打印好我的地址
social security number, and other important information to make your life easier.
社保號碼,以及其他重要資料以防給您造成不便。
Hey, I'm temp number two. Where your bathroom at?
我是臨時工二號,你們廁所在哪呢?
I'll get Eli. He's my boss.
我去叫伊萊,他是我老板。
Sign these stating that if you're injured on the job, it's not our fault.
先簽這個切結書吧,如果你們工作時受傷,后果自負。
How would we injure ourselves in an office?
在辦公室工作怎么會受傷呢?
Let me just give you a "for instance."
讓我給你們"打個比方"吧。
Some girl, let's say her name is Sarah,
比方說某些傻妞,例如莎拉
is walking through the office with her number 2 pencil facing up-ways.
在辦公室走動,手中的二號鉛筆尖端朝上。
Well, she trips over her shoes and falls,
然后她不小心跌倒了,
and that number 2 pencil goes right through her eyeball and into her brain.
然后二號鉛筆插穿她的眼球,直入腦袋。
And now she's gotta eat applesauce through a straw the rest of her life.
現(xiàn)在她這輩子就只能靠著用吸管吃蘋果醬維生了。
See, that's not our fault, that's her fault.
像這樣就不是我們的錯,是她的錯。
As per the judge's decision in Sarah Drake vs. Westship insurance. Sign those. I'll get Eli.
但剩下就看法官決定是莎拉·德雷克,還是西船保險公司勝訴了。先簽名,我去叫伊萊。
Thank you. I'm sorry, I didn't get your name.
謝謝,抱歉,剛才沒聽清您的名字。
That's 'cause I didn't give it to you.
因為我壓根就沒告訴你。