Conversation 4
A: Good morning, madam. Anything I can do for you?
A:早上好,女士,有什么能效勞的嗎?
B: Can you suggest a toy for a three-year0old boy? I've got to buy a birthday present for my friends' son.
B:你可以建議一分送給3歲小孩的玩具給我嗎?我要買一份生日禮物送給朋友的兒子。
A: Well, how about this wooden rocking horse? I'm sure he'll enjoy riding on it.
A:這個搖動木馬怎樣?我想他一定會喜歡騎的。
B: It's interesting. But it's too heavy to carry.
B:很有趣,但這東西拿起來太沉了。
A: We can have it delivered, madam.
A:我們可以安排送貨的,女士。
B: No, thanks. I need something which can be picked up right away.
B:不用了,謝謝,我想要一些能立刻取走的東西。
A: Then would you like this model lorry? It's operated by batteries and can carry light things such as rubbers and pencils.
A:那你喜歡這架模型貨車嗎?這是用電池推動的,而且可承載輕巧的東西如橡皮及錢幣。
B: It's cute, but is it safe?
B:很可愛,但安全嗎?
A: Sure, madam. It meets international safety standards. You can see, the edge is round and the car speed is low.
當然,女士。 這模型車是符合國際安全標準的。你看,車邊是圓的,而且車速也不快。
B: Then I'll take it. Please give me a new one.
B:那么我就買這個,請給我一個新的。
A: Here you are, madam.
A:給你,女士。
B: (Examines the toy) There is a scratch on it.
B:(檢查玩具)上面有道劃痕。
A: Just a minute, madam. I'll change it for you right away... Here's a new one. Please double check it.
A:請稍等,我理科給你換另一個……這是新的,請你再檢查一下。
B: This one is perfect. Where shall I pay?
B:這兒完全沒問題。我應該在哪兒付款?
A: The cashier is just over there, madam.
A:收銀處就在那邊,女士。