A: Linda, it’s so great to see you again!
琳達,再次見到你真是太高興了!
B: Well, thanks for inviting me to lunch. I never seem to leave my house these days!
謝謝你邀我吃午飯。我這些天幾乎沒有出過門!
A: Come in, please. Make yourself at home.
請進。隨便點,別客氣。
B: Thanks. You have a beautiful place.
謝謝,你這地方真漂亮。
A: I’m glad you like it. The furniture’s in pretty bad condition, though. We should get rid of it. It really looks bad in this new house.
很高興你喜歡,盡管家具很糟糕。我們應該丟掉它,新房子里放舊家具實在有些難看。
B: Don’t do that. It’s very comfortable. You have children, don’t you?
別丟。家具挺舒適的。你有孩子吧?
A: Yes, we do. Two boys and a girl. Not to mention two dogs and a cat. So we have to make this furniture do. As long as the children are small, anyway. It doesn’t make sense to replace it.
是啊。兩個男孩和一個女孩。而且還有兩只狗和一只貓。就是因為孩子們太小了,所以我們不得不留著這些家具。丟掉了沒有多大意義。
B: I know what you mean. Our children are hard on furniture, too. They are always jumping up and down on the sofa or spilling food on my chairs.
我懂你的意思。我家孩子也是不愛惜家具。他們總是在沙發(fā)上蹦來蹦去,要不就把飯撒在椅子上。
A: They sound just like my children.
他們跟我的孩子們差不了多少。
B: Maybe we should get them all together to play with each other some afternoon.
也許我們該找一個下午讓他們聚在一起玩一玩。
A: That’s a great idea!
這個主意可真好!