To stop, you got to roll over,raise your body up, 要停下來 你必須翻過身 撐起身體
and dig hard into the snow with your hands and feet. 手腳并用 盡力往雪里插
Very fast,faster than expected. 非常快 比想象中的快多了
But exactly how fast?37 miles an hour. 具體速度多少 每小時六十公里
You'd get a ticket in an urban place in the U.K. with that speed. 這速度在英國市區(qū) 就要領罰單了
With no ice axe,stopping my slide was a real challenge.It took 180 feet. 在沒有冰鎬的情況下 想停下來絕非易事 一共滑行了五十五米
That's half the length of a football field. 那有半個足球場的長度了
Now to head back to the top and try again,this time with an ice axe. 再回山頂試一次 這次用冰鎬
And how much quicker can I stop? 這回能比上回快多少呢
An ice axe like this can massively help you arrest the fall. 這樣的冰鎬 是下滑中的制動法寶
The danger is you're traveling very fast, 不過在高速下滑過程中它也是個危險
you've got something very sharp,very close to your body and close to your head. 如此鋒利的刀面 會緊鄰你的身體 甚至你的頭部
It just means you got to be absolutely certain of your technique before you go. 這也就意味著 你必須在下滑前 確保它萬無一失
Okay, hitch these up again, do my Simon Cowell.Okay, here we go. 提緊褲子 看著我點 我上了