I could feel it just coming in close to the ground. 我在下降過程中就有濕熱感了
It's like being in a very hot steamer. 就像個高溫蒸汽機
Okay, let's get this thing laid out.You can use this as an air marker. 好 先把降落傘平鋪開 你可以把這個作為航空指示標
So if search and rescue are looking for me, 如果有救援隊正在搜尋我的話
something big and bright for them to see from the air. 他們可以從空中看到這個明顯的標記
When someone is lost in the wilderness,aerial reconnaissance is vital. 當人們迷失在荒野時 空中搜尋相當關鍵
Make yourself seen from the air,and it may save your life. 有人在高空看到你的標記 這可能就是你的救命稻草
Might well be, through, that nobody knows you're missing and nobody is out there even looking for you. 也有可能 沒人知道你失蹤的消息 外界沒有采取救援措施
And if that's the case,then you need to work out which direction to go. 在這個情況下 你就需要確認接下來往哪個方向走
And in the northern territories,your best option is to head north to the coast. 在北澳 最佳方案就是向北部的海岸線前進
90% of Australians live on the coast. 百分之九十的澳大利亞人住在海岸線附近
But if you do have to make that difficult decision to travel, 如果情況只允許向前走
be certain of the direction you're heading in and don't deviate. 那么先得確定好你的方向 千萬不能走偏
I'm gonna use a shadow stick to work out which direction is north. 我要用桿影 來辨認出哪里是北邊
Cast a shadow straight down here,and I'll mark the end of that shadow with a rock, 現在的影子在那里 放塊石頭在影子的末端
wait 15 minutes or so, shadow will move,and we'll get an idea of our direction. 等待15分鐘左右看影子的移動情況 這樣就能找到我們的方向了