Also when you do fall,these rocks are rather sharp, like glass. 若不幸摔倒 便很容易被巖石劃傷
I'm trying to keep a good low centre of gravity.Use your hands. 我試著放低重心 用手平衡
I'm like an animal giving it a four wheel drive. 像動物一樣手腳并用
The hot cinders are giving way to volcanic ash and pumice. 滾熱的煤渣漸漸被火山灰和浮巖所替代
I can move quicker here,digging my heels into the slope for extra grip, 這里我可以走快點 腳跟埋進砂石可以提供更多抓地力
leaning back in the heels puts less strain on your leg muscles and gives you a lower centre of gravity. 中心放在腳跟 減少腿部肌肉受力 同時也能降低重心
First sign of anything living.That's a good sign. 終于見到活物了 是個好兆頭
Means I'm getting away from the danger zone. 意味著我已經離開了危險地帶
And this must be old lava,but vegetation is growing in it. 這些可能是以前的巖漿 但是已經有植物生長于此
I'm heading for the tree line,making for the jungle below the volcano. 我要找到林木線 前往位于火山腳下的叢林
Even though it's only a few miles from the equator, 即使赤道近在咫尺
at this altitude,it's mainly pine trees that grow on the fertile volcanic soil, 在這個海拔 火山沃土上的主要植被是松樹
and if there are trees, then there'll be grubs and bugs. 而如果有植物 就一定有幼蟲和甲蟲
Buried in all this dead wood,the rhino beetle. 這些枯木中 藏了很多犀甲蟲