Notice the use of those prepositions. 注意那些介詞的使用。
Prepositions are very difficult to translate and many people get confused when you start learning another language, 介詞很難翻譯,當你開始學另一種語言,
trying to figure out those little words — which word should you use. 試圖弄清楚那些小詞——你應該用哪個詞的時候,很多人都會弄混淆。
There's a difference between "at my desk" and "on my desk" and "in my desk." “At my desk”,“on my desk”,和“in my desk”是有區(qū)別的。
Those all mean different things. 這些詞組的含義各不相同。
"On your desk" means something is on top of your desk, like your computer. “On your desk”是指放在你的桌子上的某件東西,比如電腦。
"In your desk" means something is inside one of the drawers of your desks. “In your desk”是指放在你桌子抽屜里的某件東西。
"At your desk" means that you are sitting next to your desk, “At your desk”是指你正坐在你桌子的旁邊,
you are, we hope, working, like you're supposed to be working right now, instead of listening to this episode. 我們希望你正在工作,你現在就應該在工作,而不是在聽這集的聽力。
"On break" is the expression we use when you are stopping work for a short time, usually ten, 15, maybe 20 minutes. “On break”是在你短暫停止工作的時候會用到的表達,通常是十,十五或者二十分鐘的時間。
"At lunch" means that you are going to lunch — you are eating. “At lunch”是指你要吃午飯——你正在吃午飯。
We don't say, "in lunch" or "on lunch," we say, "at lunch." 我們不會說,“in lunch”或“on lunch”,我們是說,“at lunch”。
The best way to learn those little prepositions is just to read and to listen more and more, 學習那些小介詞的最佳方法是多讀和多聽,
and eventually, you will know them without even having to study them. 最終,你甚至不學那些小介詞都能分辨它們。