I share a cubicle with another employee, Jim, but he only works in the afternoons so we don't usually get in each other's way too much. 我和另一個雇員吉姆共用一個小隔間,但他只在下午工作,這樣我們就不會經常互相干擾。
I boot up my computer and look at my agenda for today. 我啟動電腦,看看我今天的日程安排。
I had about 30 new emails in my inbox but I decide not to read them right away. 我的收件箱里有大約30封新郵件,但我決定不馬上看。
There were some new inter-office paperwork in my inbox too, but I decide to look at them a little later. 我的收件箱里也有一些新的辦公室內部文件,但我決定稍后再看。
First, I wanted to start in on a report that I had to finish today. 首先,我想先完成一個今天必須完成的報告。
I had a conference call at the end of the day with the head office, but I had most of the day to get it done. 今天結束之前,我要給總部打一個電話,報告有關會議的事情。但我接下來的大半天都可以做這件事。
Before long, it was the lunch hour. 不久,就是午餐時間了。
I didn't pack a lunch so I ask my supervisor if she wanted to have lunch together. 我沒有自帶午餐,所以我問我的主管她是否想一起吃午飯。
We head down the street to a sit-down restaurant. 我們沿著街道走到一個提供座位的餐館。
The hostess shows us to a table in the back of the restaurant. 女迎賓員帶我們到餐廳后部的一張桌子。
The waiter arrives a few minutes later and we order entrees, no appetizers, since we need to get back by 1:00. 幾分鐘后,服務員到了,我們點了主菜,沒點開胃菜,因為我們需要在1點前趕回來。
The waiter was very busy so I had to wave him down to get the check. 服務員很忙,所以我不得不揮手讓他結賬。
He brought the bill, and my supervisor and I split the check. 他拿來了賬單,主管和我平分賬單。
We walk back to the office and I get back to work. 我們走回辦公室,回到工作崗位。
Just four more hours until quitting time! 再過4個小時就可以下班了!